Thursday, June 20, 2013

International Helmet Awareness Day

I know plenty of people who refuse to ride wearing a helmet.  I don't know if it is a vanity thing, or they are just plain ignorant to the fact that something bad can happen at a blink of an eye and change your whole life!  Back in 1997 I had a terrible bike accident and the ONLY thing that saved my life was my helmet - even though it cracked!  Having a young horse, I am very aware of the dangers that can arise at any given moment and I don't care how seasoned you think your horse is, being a prey animal is their first instinct and we must all take our precautions to protect ourselves.  If you know someone that rides without a helmet, please try to convince them to buy one.  It will be the best investment ever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment