Saturday, July 20, 2013

Horse Auction in S FL?????

I must say that I was taken completely by surprise when I saw this ad for 4 former Gulfstream Race Horses for auction.  I guess though given the reputation of "throw away" horses the race tracks have all over the country, I shouldn't be.  This local auction house, Jay Sugarman should be ashamed of themselves.  Just look at the pictures of these horses they posted:  they are under weight and living in less than desirable conditions - yet, they list the horses and the property they reside on as upscale.  Shame on Gulfstream and shame on Jay Sugarman Auction House for even considering this type of sale.  Don't they know what kind of buyer is going to come for these horses?  I sure wish that a complaint could be lodged so that this could be stopped and these horses find a home that they really deserve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment