Friday, September 20, 2013

Money Horse

How Much Do You Have To Pay To Play? | The Chronicle of the Horse

I believe I read this article with my mouth gaping open.  I was appalled at the casual responses by the owners of these horses that worked so hard for THEM only to be sold because they knew they could get a LOT of money for them.  I'm sorry, but when I rescued my horse my intention was not to train the hell out of him and then turn around with stars in my eyes to sell him for a profit.  He is my horse.  I have raised him since he was a yearling.  Granted I am no show jumper, and he has skill, but to fathom watching him ride off in someone's trailer after years of hard work and dedication all for the almighty dollar would be heartbreaking.  I guess that's why I am just a regular girl, with a regular horse leading a regular life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment